Buncombe County Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteers
How to Become a Volunteer in Buncombe County
NC Extension Master Gardener℠ volunteers in Buncombe County work with N.C. State Extension to provide gardeners with unbiased, science-based information on garden and landscape practices.
Under the guidance of N.C. Cooperative Extension agents, volunteers complete an intensive hands-on training program, pass an examination, and complete a 40-hour internship with N.C. Cooperative Extension in Buncombe County. To remain active and maintain certification in the program, volunteers must record a minimum of 30 hours of volunteer service and 15 hours of continuing education each year.
To help you decide if you should apply to become an NC Extension Master Gardener℠ volunteer of Buncombe County, consider these questions:
- Are you ready to commit and have time to attend training sessions, to meet the annual recertification requirements and to serve as a volunteer?
- Do you want to learn more about gardening and garden related subjects?
- Do you have a passion for gardening and a desire to volunteer in your community?
- Do you enjoy working with others who share your gardening interests?
- Are you interested in teaching others and helping to solve gardening problems?
If you answered YES… check out these links:
2021 EMG Application & Certification Agreement
Extension Master Gardener Training Schedule – COMING SOON
Frequently Asked Questions
Volunteer Opportunities for Master Gardener Volunteers in Buncombe County