Extension Master Gardener Volunteers in Buncombe County
How to Become a Volunteer in Buncombe County
Master Gardener℠ volunteers in Buncombe County work with NC State Extension to provide gardeners with unbiased, science-based information on garden and landscape practices.
Under the guidance of N.C. Cooperative Extension agents, volunteers complete an intensive hands-on training program, pass an examination, and complete a 40-hour internship with N.C. Cooperative Extension in Buncombe County. To remain active and maintain certification in the program, volunteers must record a minimum of 30 hours of volunteer service and 15 hours of continuing education each year.
To help you decide if you should apply to become a Master Gardener℠ volunteer in Buncombe County, consider these questions:
- Are you ready to commit and have time to attend training sessions, meet the annual recertification requirements, and serve as a volunteer?
- Do you want to learn more about gardening and garden-related subjects?
- Do you have a passion for gardening and a desire to volunteer in your community?
- Do you enjoy working with others who share your gardening interests?
- Are you interested in teaching others and helping to solve gardening problems?
If you answered YES… check out these links:
2021 EMGV Application & Certification Agreement
Master Gardener℠ Volunteer Training Schedule – COMING SOON
Frequently Asked Questions
Volunteer Opportunities for Master Gardener Volunteers in Buncombe County