Volunteer With 4-H
Buncombe County 4-H Needs You!
Volunteers are the key to success in the Buncombe County 4-H program. Whether you’re interested in starting a club and becoming a club leader or just have a few hours to invest in upcoming 4-H programs, we have challenging and fun jobs for adults and teens who want to make a difference.
4-H Volunteers Empower Youth With The Skills To Lead For A Lifetime
In 4‑H, we believe in the power of young people. We see that every child has valuable strengths and real influence to improve the world around us. Through the efforts of our 4-H volunteers, 4-H participants gain knowledge and life skills enabling them to become positive, productive, capable, and compassionate members of their communities. YOU TOO can make a difference in the life of a young person.
Are you interested in volunteering but need ideas for programming? Check out the 4-H Activity Guide!
Become a 4-H Volunteer Today!
- Contact the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Buncombe County office to share your interest in becoming a 4-H volunteer and to learn about upcoming volunteer needs.
- Complete a 4-H Volunteer Application through 4HOnline.
- Complete the necessary background screening required by the 4-H program. Instructions will be provided to you after your application has been submitted.
- Participate in any orientation/training necessary for your volunteer role.
- Share your excitement, inspiration, compassion, and patience with the 4-H youth you will be reaching
- Provide any necessary reporting information with the 4-H Agent in Buncombe County—-we LOVE reporting and sharing our successes!!
**Please Note: All 4-H volunteers who work directly with youth in any unsupervised capacity (i.e., club leaders chaperones, etc.) are required to complete and pass a background check and have a current Volunteer Application on file with their local 4-H office.