2023 West District 4-H Teen Retreat
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Attention Buncombe County Teens…
The West District 4-H Council Officers and Agent Advisors are excited to be bringing some new and exciting changes to this year’s 4-H Teen Retreat. We will still incorporate our traditional Teen Retreat activities such as elections, workshops, spirit stick competition, and fun but in a new location with some extra special opportunities.
This year we are excited to be taking our 4-H Teen Retreat to the Mountain Horticultural Crops Research and Extension Center in Mills River where our 4-Hers will have an opportunity to learn about exciting careers, research, and take part in hands-on experiments in the labs and facilities.
Your 4-Hers will have the option of participating in our Teen Retreat Lock-In on April 21st or participate in only the day activities on April 22nd. Lock-In participants will be sleeping in the large conference room which will be divided into sections and supervised by Agents, Volunteers, and Staff.
- Dates: April 21-22, 2023 (you can choose to participate in the lock-in on Friday night or only participate in the day time events on Saturday)
- Location: Mountain Horticultural Crops Research and Extension Center (455 Research Drive, Mills River)
- Ages: Must be 13-18 years old as of January 1, 2023
- Cost: $60 includes 3 Meals (Friday dinner; Saturday breakfast and lunch; snacks, workshops; t-shirt; dance). ***Scholarships are available for Buncombe County participants***
- Registration Deadline: March 30, 2023
What to Bring:
- 4-Hers/staff/volunteers participating in the lock-in will need to bring a sleeping bag, pillow, overnight toiletries, appropriate sleepwear, required medication, and clothing for Saturday. Please make sure youth have CLOSE-TOED shoes for the activities taking place in the labs and fields. Shower facilities are not available for this event.
This opportunity is for ANY 4-H member ages 13 and older. We don’t care how long you’ve been in 4-H because this is a great time to learn more about the program and meet other 4-Hers from Western NC. We highly encourage our new 4-H members to participate as well. It’s going to be a GREAT time!!
If you are interested in joining us for the day or would like more information, please contact Holly Jordan at email@example.com or by calling 828-255-5522.