4-H International Winter PenPal Program – Sign Up Today!
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
This is a GREAT opportunity for 4-H’ers to participate in a Winter/Spring Pen Pal Program with international youth from around the world! Meet friends from other counties and learn about different cultures, food, traditions, and things you have in common with young people in other countries.
Registration for this program will run until January 10, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time or as soon as all 60 spots are filled (whichever comes first).
Details of the 2022 Program:
- Program Dates: February 1 – April 25, 2022.
- Participation Requirement: Age 9-18 and from an active States’ 4-H state member state.
- Registration Fee: $10 registration fee per participant (pay through the online registration form). * A positive and enthusiastic attitude is crucial for this program to succeed. We introduced a $10 registration fee last summer to
help ensure those participants who sign up are serious about wanting to communicate with a new friend from abroad and will take
advantage of the opportunities this program offers. SurveyMonkey provides a built-in payment processing system operated by
Stripe (https://stripe.com). This payment field is located directly on our registration form and only requires a credit card to
• Youth ages 9 – 18 and from an active States’ 4-H member state
• Participants must have two reliable email addresses (one of these can be a parent’s email address), and may optionally provide a mailing address, phone number, or App IDs during the registration process. We recommend that participants use Gmail or another large email provider to help reduce the chance of blocked or unreceived messages.
- Matching: We will match pen pals based on age, gender, and interests to the best of our ability. Finalized matching information will be sent directly to your youth participants between January 26 – 31 via email.
- Letter Writing: Youth participants are tasked with exchanging a letter or message via their preferred communication method. The expectation is that they communicate (at least) a few times with their match during the program
period. They may write as many times as both parties feel comfortable with.
• Either party can initiate the first communication.
• States’ 4-H will provide a few writing topics each month during the program to help foster ideas of what to write if pen pals would like to use them. These are completely optional.