Buncombe County: 4-H Summer Camp Registration for 2021 Is Available NOW!
You’ve been waiting for it and here it is! Registration for 2021 4-H Summer Camp at Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Center is available now through the Buncombe County 4-H program.
Beginning with a ‘welcome to camp’ opening ceremony on Sunday and concluding with an awards ceremony on Friday, our six-day residential summer camp program sends campers home with memories and friendships that will last a lifetime!
4-H Camp Activities Include
We have a limited number of camper spaces and scholarships available so make sure to reserve yours now by contacting Holly Jordan. You can also learn more about BJP 4-H Camp by visiting their website.
- Who: All Buncombe County youth. You do not have to be a 4-H member to attend camp.
- Dates: June 20–25, 2021.
- Where: Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Camping Center, Reidsville, NC.
- Ages: 8-12 years (Traditional Camp); 13-14 (Trekker Program).
- Cost: $450 for Traditional Camp; $470 for Trekker Program.
- **Please contact Holly Jordan to complete the Camp Financial Form to reserve your space for camp. Your space will not be reserved until you have returned this form and your $50 deposit to the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Buncombe County Center. Spaces are limited and are reserved on a first come basis.**
PARENTS: Is this your first time sending your child off to camp? Are you feeling nervous about them being away for so long? Asking yourself how your child will be able to take care of themselves while they are gone? Wondering if they will be safe? Will they get enough to eat? What if they get homesick? Check out these “Tips for First-Time Parents” to help prepare yourself and your child for an exciting week of 4-H camp.
Below is the official camp registration packet with all the details, costs, and forms. If you have any questions, please contact Holly Jordan or call 828-255-5522.