North Carolina Virtual 4-H Volunteer Training
North Carolina 4-H will be hosting a virtual 4-H volunteer training on Saturday, May 30th for all North Carolina adult 4-H volunteers. Below is information including the schedule, workshop descriptions, and how to register.
When: Saturday, May 30, 2020
Cost: The conference is FREE, and open to the first 400 North Carolina 4-H Volunteers who register.
Registration / Session Access: Participants must register online using the link above. Registration will close on Wednesday, May 27 at noon. On Friday, May 29, 2020, everyone registered will receive an email containing access information (online and via telephone) for all of the sessions.
8:30 a.m. – Welcome Dr. Mike Yoder, Associate Director; State Program Leader North Carolina 4-H, NC State Extension
9 a.m. Workshop Session 1 (Please Choose 1)
- Awards Opportunity, April Dillon, Area 4-H Agent
- 4-H Horse Program Updates and Ideas for Social Distance Meetings, Alaina Cross, Extension Associate – Equine Program and Lori Stroud, Extension Assistant – Horse Husbandry
- Virtual Avian Bowl, Dr. Mary Fosnaught, Extension Associate – Poultry Science
10 a.m. Workshop Session 2 (Please Choose 1)
- A Mindful Moment, Kenan Bridges, NC 4-H Healthy Living Coordinator – NC 4-H
- Best Practices and Helpful Hints for 4-H Presentation Videos, Dr. Shannon McCollum, Extension Associate – NC 4-H
- Pollinators, Liz Driscoll, 4-H Specialist – Crop and Soil Science, Entomology and Plant Pathology, and Horticultural Science
11 a.m. Lunchtime Learning Session Mr. Jones Loflin
12:30 p.m. Workshop Session 3 (Please Choose 1)
- Improv Public Speaking, Emily Worth, State 4-H Council President – NC 4-H and Leah Jackson, State 4-H Council Secretary/Treasurer – NC 4-H
- Vermicomposting, Peggie Lewis Joyce, Area 4-H Agent – NC 4-H
- Working With 4-H Youth in an Online Space, TBD
1:30 p.m. Closing Session Dr. Rich Bonanno, Associate Dean and Director, NC State Extension
Please check out the training information below for workshop descriptions.
Virtual Volunteer Training Information Letter