WNC Show & Sale
All youth (ages 5-18 as of January 1) that live in counties allowed to show in the Mountain State Fair District Junior Show, or go to a high school in the West FFA Region, will have the opportunity to show and also sell their market lamb or goat. The following are a few of the main objectives of the show and sale.
- All animals will be shown as market, regardless of sex
- Youth will have the option to either sale, or keep their animal
- Regardless if the youth chooses to sale their animal or not, they can still raise *support for their animal.
- If the youth chooses to sale their animal, they will receive truck price for their animal, plus support price
- Show will include both showmanship and market show
- Market lambs must be over 80 lbs and market goats need to be over 40 lbs by day of show
- Market lambs cannot be over 160 lbs and goats cannot be over 120 lbs at the day of the show
*support: Youth will have the opportunity to raise support for their animal. These funds can come from anyone, or any business willing to support the youth. There will be no cap on how much support each youth can raise for their animal. Youth are highly encouraged to raise their own support.
Sale Arena at Mountain State Fairgrounds
761 Boylston Hwy, Fletcher, NC 28732
Check-in / weigh-in: 9 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
Goat showmanship: Begins at noon, followed by market goat, then lamb showmanship, and lastly market lamb.
Sale: Begins 30 minutes following the conclusion of the market lamb show.
Please, fill out the Show & Sale Registration Form and return to the address provided.
Any questions can be answered by Noah Henson at 828-593-7946 or email email@example.com.