Share this Article
Also Coming Up
This FREE class is a part of our Gardening in the Mountains Series and will be taught by Master Gardener Volunteer, Beth Leonard.
Registration is required by calling the office at 828-255-5522.
Cost: $20 CFSA Members / $25 Non-members (lunch included)
REGISTER TODAY: https://www.carolinafarmstewards.org/food-safety-trainings/
or contact Marianna Spence at 919-542-2402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Major Credit Cards and Checks will be accepted.
Please follow the link below to find the details and registration form. We are sorry but university policy currently does not allow for on-line registration and/or acceptance of credit cards. Checks only. Checks are made out to Haywood County Cooperative Extension Center. buncombe.ces.ncsu.edu/landscape-management-workshop-2019/
Please visit the link below for instructions on registering buncombe.ces.ncsu.edu/employee-recruitment-concepts-and-laws/
The District Officers and Agent Advisors are excited to be bringing some new and exciting changes to this year’s Teen Retreat. We will be in a different facility at Blue Ridge Assembly. The YMCA staff will be doing some Team Development workshops with us. In addition, the Innovation Station bus from NCA&T University will be making a visit! They will offer a computer coding workshop on their bus. We will also be offering new and exciting workshop sessions. …And we will be having a DJ for the dance!
Workshops will include:
- Team Development Course (everyone will take this workshop led by Blue Ridge Assembly educators) Each youth is expected to take the Team Development Course Parents must complete permission forms for that workshop.
- Computer Coding (on A&T State’s *Innovation Station STEM bus) In addition, parents and youth must complete permission and safety forms to enter the Innovation Station for the coding class
- Public speaking with Toastmasters
- Livestock Judging and More
- Basic Photography
- Intro to the Cherokee Language
- Service Project
- 4-H Ambassador training: Marketing
- First Aid and CPR
- Prepping for the new “Virtual AIRE”
Buncombe County registration is due no later than Friday, March 14th to the Buncombe County Extension Center. This is not a post marked date….it must be in hand at the office. Please make sure to include a completed registration form, payment, waivers (included in the registration packet), and 4-H Medical Release (please double check to make sure these are on file at the Extension office). Checks should be made payable to “Nc Agricultural Foundation”.