2019 West District 4-H Teen Retreat
**This event is for currently enrolled 4-H members. If you are interested in enrolling, please contact Holly Jordan at 828-255-5522 for more information.**
Get ready to have some 4-H fun with other teens (13-19 years old) from the West District! Our West District 4-H Teen Retreat will take place Saturday, March 30–Sunday, March 31, 2019, at the YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly in Black Mountain.
Registration and ice breakers will start at 9 a.m. Saturday morning and we’ll be done with the retreat by 2 p.m. Sunday afternoon. The cost for Teen Retreat is $105/person which includes lodging, all linens, 4 meals (Sat. lunch, dinner; Sunday breakfast, lunch), DJ for dance, t-shirt, workshops, and recreation activities…what a deal!! Scholarships are available to Buncombe County 4-H members for this event. If you are interested in a scholarship, please contact Holly at email@example.com.
The District Officers and Agent Advisors are excited to be bringing some new and exciting changes to this year’s Teen Retreat. We will be in a different facility at Blue Ridge Assembly. The YMCA staff will be doing some Team Development workshops with us. In addition, the Innovation Station bus from N.C. A&T State University will be making a visit! They will offer a computer coding workshop on their bus. We will also be offering new and exciting workshop sessions. And we will be having a DJ for the dance!
Workshops will include:
- Team Development Course (everyone will take this workshop led by Blue Ridge Assembly educators) Each youth is expected to take the Team Development Course Parents must complete permission forms for this workshop
- Computer Coding (on N.C. A&T State University’s *Innovation Station STEM bus) In addition, parents and youth must complete permission and safety forms to enter the Innovation Station for the coding class
- Public speaking with Toastmasters
- Livestock Judging and More
- Basic Photography
- Intro to the Cherokee Language
- Service Project
- 4-H Ambassador training: Marketing
- First Aid and CPR
- Prepping for the new “Virtual AIRE”
Buncombe County registration is due no later than Friday, March 14 to the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Buncombe County Center. This is not a postmarked date; it must be in hand at the office. Please make sure to include a completed registration form, payment, waivers (included in the registration packet), and 4-H Medical Release (please double check to make sure these are on file at the Extension office). Checks should be made payable to “NC Agricultural Foundation”.
Click on the link below for the registration forms and schedule: