Research (50%) and Extension (50%): Pest management
of arthropod pests on tree fruits and vegetables.
Major research and extension programs include:
- Development and implementation of IPM programs
for selected fruits (apples and peaches) and vegetable
crops (fruiting vegetables and cucurbits).
- Mating disruption of Lepidopteran pests of apples.
- Resistance management of tortricid pests of apples.
- Population dynamics and resistance management
of spider mites on vegetables.
- Population dynamics and management of thrips
in relation to the epidemiology of tomato spotted
- Evaluation of pesticides against pest and beneficial
- Professor & Extension Specialist, NC State
- Associate Professor & Extension Specialist,
NC State Univ., 1992-97
- Assistant Professor & Extension Specialist,
NC State Univ., 1986-92
- Graduate Asst., Post-doctoral Res. Assoc., Univ.
- B.S., University of Wisconsin, Madison (Plant
- M.S., University of Wisconsin, Madison (Entomology),
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, Madison (Entomology),
Horticultural Crops Research & Extension Center
455 Research Drive
Mills River, NC 28759
Phone: 828-684-3562 ~ Fax: 828-684-8715
Maintained by: Bryan A. Konsler
Updated October 4, 2010